Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 104, Issue 18

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 104, Issue 18
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:35:32 -0400
>Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:51:36 -0400
>From: "Rick Ellison" <rellison@twcny.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY question
>To: <rtty@contesting.com>
>
>Kermit..
>It really doesn't matter how you send it. It's up to the user as to what
>part of the received exchange you click on. In N1MM  the way the program
>works is when you click on an exchange element the program looks for the
>next box in the entry window that needs to be filled. It then places the
>exchange that you clicked on into the box. So the only thing that matters is
>what you click on to make sure it is going into the correct box on the entry
>window..
>Also if someone sends you something like 5995 or 59905 just click on it the
>program will remove the 599 part from the exchange.
>
>73 Rick N2AMG

Well, that is not really my total experience when the sender only
sends a 'single digit' exchange element  eg   5 or 3 or 4 ,
etc.   The mouse pointer detection routine (or the shape of the
pointer 'detection area' makes it a royal PITA to pick-off any
'single element' data items when it appears in the MMTTY RX
window.  I have had to use  LARGE font sizes to make sure I get the
data on the first click try.   This could be aided by folks using two
digit zones, serial numbers, etc but, be warned, anyone who sends a
'single' character data item will have to just wait (and slow down
their rate) until I can get it 'detected and picked-up and loaded' by
the N1MM/Windows GDI screen pointer detection routines.  I don't know
how hard it would be to reverse vid the character being detected
(maybe it is an MMTTY thing, don't know).

73,
Ben - WB2RHM