[RTTY] New Feature in fldigi for RTTY Mark Frequency

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>, ham-mac <ham-mac@mailman.qth.net>, CTDXCC List List <ctdxcc@kkn.net>, fldigi list <linuxham@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New Feature in fldigi for RTTY Mark Frequency
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:29:16 -0500
I have been on vacation to Destin, FL and just retuned to Austin, TX to check
out one of the new features W1HKJ has added to fldigi.  The addition is a user
configurable option to report and log RTTY using the Mark frequency.

http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

I was lucky to run into Dick K4JJW this morning on 20 meter RTTY and found he
was using an Icom IC-7700 in FSK mode with MMTTY. I almost fell over when we
both agreed we were on 14082.000.  Amazing, to get Icom and Kenwood users to
agree on the RTTY frequency when one is running FSK and the other is using
AFSK.

Kudos to W1HKJ for the new RTTY enhancement to report and log the Mark for
frequency. This is a very welcome and appreciated addition to fldigi.

73 Dick AA5VU

Off topic but some of you may appreciate the depressing milage sign noted a few
miles into Texas from the LA border Saturday morning. Welcome to Texas!

http://www.qsl.net/aa5vu/857_to_ElPaso.jpeg