[RTTY] the yaesu FT857d

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] the yaesu FT857d
From: larry fields <n6hpx1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:46:00 +0000
   I just sent off to HRO for mine so will be a while before I can
play with it, I did also manage to buy the FT-817ND a few weeks ago,
but working on a ship and waiting for our mail to arrive is the
biggests problem. Were at present heading to Sasebo Japap for a few
weeks and may get the 857d there depending on how fast the pidgeon can
fly.

    I have at my station at home the Tigertronics SL+1  and Icom706mk2
which I use mostly on PSK31 and JT65HF along with trying to use it for
SSTV(with not much success).

    Maybe in a few months if we get to Guam I can try it out there.

    Thanks for the info and looking forward to trying out RTTY

    Larry, enroute to japan on a usns ship