Re: [RTTY] CE0Y/I2DMI video

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CE0Y/I2DMI video
From: iw1ayd <iw1ayd@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:31:21 +0200
G'day Mike.

The MMVARI standalone kit have some multichannel provision but it is not so
well shining as the version seen in the Franc video.
Having a look a the page ...

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/programmers/mmvari-engine.php

... reveals that there are programmers provision. I am pretty sure that those
functions have used by the N1MM development team to dress somewhat differently
the same MMVARI std.alone code when it is used as an embedded
windows/applications.

So Mike, the functions pictured in that video you refer seems not to be present
in the stand alone MMVARI interface as also I have watched here. A fast set of
tries, between MMVARI stand alone and within N1MM, reveal me this double faced
MMVARI behavior. I suspect that some programmer intervention would be required
to go deeply.

As noted before here by myself the same try with FLDIGI stand alone and within
N1MM revealed an almost similar behavior.
IMHO it seems that FLDIGI have a better user/visual approach to the ting we
would like to try.

BTW MMVARi and FLDIGI have theirs respective idiosyncrasies about FSK and the
reverse signal treatment. FLDIGI, i.e., will put the normal RTTY in USB, then
if it used with pseudo FSK, as with some MicroHam interfaces, it make its
receiver side LSB. So, standard RTTY operations with or without MultiChannel
enables are AFSK USB for normal. Just the reverse than with MMTTY.

Last but not least, demodulation filters are very basic both in MMVARI e
FLDIGI. MMTTY offers much better choices. But this, Mike, will be sounding for
us working DX stations from ours part of the fence. It doesn't mean quite
nothing when a large slice of known the world is calling you.

There are several other considerations to be done.

Finally tries I have done are:
FLDIGI, AFSK USB, stand alone with the function View>  Signal Browser;
MMVARI but inside N1MM;
FLDIGI inside N1MM, same as stand alone.

               73 de iw1ayd Salvo