Re: [RTTY] Looks like I won't get RTTY DXCC afterall

To: "'rtty contesting rttycontesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Looks like I won't get RTTY DXCC afterall
From: "Stein Roar Brobakken" <s-roabr@online.no>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:05:25 +0200
Hi
RTTY is not the KING anymore...

What about writing a common email to ARRL from RTTYers world around?
I know lot of people which like RTTY and been hunting DXCC for RTTY to get
their DXCC RTTY Award.
RTTY people are frustrated ....and people have lost lot of work to obtain an
award they didn't get...

My ARRL membership is not worth much now for me, it have been to support
LOTW program and to get QST....
Now we can't collecti DXCC through RTTY contests and RTTY DXing....
Why they didn't delete also CW DXCC..since it can be decoded as digital mode
via sound card of PC...

I am 32 yrs old, and  17 yrs as ham since my childhood, RTTY and CW been my
favorite...

So for now they can change CQ WW RTTY to CQ WW Digital and CQ WPX RTTY to CQ
WPX Digital... It doesn't matter .. PSK31 and JT65 in World wide contests
will be nice...or not?
Better to support non ARRL RTTY contest after this...

This was a big leap back to the stone-age

73 LA6FJA K3RAG