Re: [RTTY] RTTY AWARD

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY AWARD
From: WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:24:47 -0700
That was of course Mark K1RO, who won the 2002 ARRL RTTY Roundup, while he
operated none other than K1ZZ's station.  Mark held so many jobs at HQ that
it was too bad when he relocated.  He was of course the Editor and then
the Publisher of QST.  Publications manager, Product review Editor (he still
does many product reviews from his New Hampshire location).  He probably was
also high up on the other lists at HQ as well in his time. I'm old and too
tired to look up all his titles.

Mark K1RO was and always will be a mainline RTTY guy. He does after all have
a Hal Communications ST-8000 and uses MMTTY as well!  A good friend and a
good friend of digital radio.  You see I use the terms interchangably.

I have had many exchanges over the years with Dave K1ZZ and we have not
always agreed, but he also is a friend of RTTY and of contesting and DXing.
Steve Ford WB8IMY is of course a RTTY and Digital guy.  Didn't he just run
Doug K4DSP's article in the August QST ?

Frank N2FF who was of course the long time Hudson Division guy and one of
the strong voices of RTTY along with Rush Drake and Mary Lou Brown from the
Northwest Division.  I know that we have had other strong RTTY supporters in
the Division Director jobs and you should keep in touch with them.

Do you guys/gals really think Chen is just a RTTY guy or a Digital guy ?
All this fuss seems a bit over the top to me, but as my old buddy Ron K5DJ
sez, "I don't have a dog in this fight".

73 Jay WS7I