[RTTY] Long TX tail with MMTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Long TX tail with MMTTY
From: rjohnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 01:15:17 -0400
HI;
I've been trying to get MMTTY working with a Microham USB  III interface for
SARTG contest.

My problem is that after transmitting there is a 3 to 5 second delay  with the
MARK freq. held on.
If I watch the TX button  it goes in TX immediately to send . When the message
is completed the TX,
it (the TX button) changes to "REQ" for 3 to 5 second then it goes to receive.

I've watched other stations signals on a waterfall display and it appears that
their "turn around time"
is a fraction of a second.

If nothing else can someone tell me what "REQ"  refers to, I can't find in the
MMTTY docs.

TNX es 73
Bob, K1VU