Re: [RTTY] FSK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:46:47 -0500
In the R L Drake equipment, there was a "tab" which extended outside the
encapsulated VFO (PTO) compartment. This is where you could attach an
NPO trimmer cap and a simple diode switching circuit. The trimmer was
adjusted to provide the desired shift, as Tom mentions. I don't recall
any "shift drift" once that trimmer was set. It only required a few
picofarads, if I remember correct.

I used this method on the T4X, TR4, and RV-4 that I had in my station.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN