Re: [RTTY] TX problem

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TX problem
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:55:07 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:56:30 -0500, "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I found the operator error problem and now I can transmit. By sending CQ a
>few times, the cooling fan comes on as it is supposed to do. However, I sent
>CQ for about 2 minutes, spaced like a contest. The power slowly went down to
>zero as I continued to TX. Something is getting too hot and shutting the
>power down. Suggestions ???

REPLY:

First, I'd suggest make sure the fan is running full speed and is not obstructed
by dust or a foreign object. In fact, I would take the cover off and give the
rig a good dusting out. It is amazing how much dust can accumulate over a few
years especially when there is a fan sucking it in.  :-)

Do the same with the power supply too. The problem could be in there as well.

73, Bill W6WRT