Re: [RTTY] JARTS Age Analysis

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, 'rtty reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] JARTS Age Analysis
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:32:30 -0400
For the the type of question being asked, the median is usually a more
meaningful metric - the point where half the sample is greater than and half is
less than.

Since human beings have an upper limit to age :-(, the difference is pretty
small.  On the other hand, take a town with 10,000 residents and ask each their
net worth.  Calculate the median and average.  Now have Bill Gates and Warren
Buffet decide to call the town home and recalculate.  You'd find that median
better represents the "typical" then average does.

Al
AB2ZY