Re: [RTTY] need help

To: Dick White <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] need help
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 20:26:53 -0400
Why doesn't the vendor of your interface answer this question?

Signalink USB is a "dumb" sound card - it does AFSK style operation
only.  In order to do AFSK with the Yaesu transceivers with audio
connected to the PACKET or DATA jack, the transceiver must be in
the PACKET mode.  PACKET mode selects audio input from the PACKET
or DATA jack.  The RTTY mode does not use audio - it uses an FSK
keying (shift) signal.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV