[RTTY] need help

To: "RTTY, Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] need help
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 17:50:24 -0500
I have been unable to operate RTTY since July 27th. Missed some good
contests and was back into the pile ups.

In the last month I have had to replace my sound card, keyboard and RTTY
interface. I now have a Signalink USB interface. I only use it for AFSK
RTTY. Set up is FT1000MP Mark-5 Field, Signalink USB. Used for N1MM, MMTTY
and MixW software. I have redone the whole set up 3 times. The 5 pin
Signalink connection is in the PSK plug on back of Mark-5 with a supplied 5
pin DIN connector ( called Signalink to verify it's correct ). The signalink
is fed from the computer with a 10 ft. cable.
I can receive a signal and hear it ok, signals are somewhat weak (maybe
propagation ?)mostly some fuzzy and print ok. When I hit any macro  to send,
MMTTY/N1MM shows it is sending, the TX light comes on the Signalink and the
radio is keyed. But, I do not hear any RTTY signal going out and after
calling several calls and sending CQ, for 2 days, I have yet to have anyone
come back to me. Even though the radio shows RF power out, I don't think a
RTTY signal is being sent. What have I missed ??

Suggestions ???

Dick   KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, Missouri 65251 U.S.A.