Re: [RTTY] WAE & QTC's

To: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WAE & QTC's
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 09:53:04 -0800
Hi all (again!),

Yes, Gary is right, and correct to point out that you CAN indeed exchange QTC's
more than once, but ONLY if you either didn't get them all first time, or the
other guy didn't have enough to send.

Having said that, It really isn't that easy, or logical, to split them
intentionally.
One easy way is if you don't have 10 QTC's to exchange, maybe only 5. In this
case, Writelog, and I believe N1MM too, will only send however many you do have.

If you are in the middle of exchanging a full batch of 10, but for some reason
you don't complete, I believe it is easier to scratch them from the log, and
try again later, maybe on another band.

If you get some first time round, and then fill in the rest later, on the same
band, the contact (in Writelog) will show as a DUPE.
Do not worry about that, the contest organisers know this happens, and you do
NOT get penalised in any way for having dupes in this way.

And finally, yes, you can exchange batches on different bands. So, if you only
get (say) 5 on 20m, you can fill in the rest on 15m later.
There is nothing in the rules about this, but I have done it in the past, and
been credited with the full amount.
I seem to recall it was with Don AA5AU, when he sent me 9 on 20m, which was all
he had, and we then completed the full 10 on 15m later in the contest.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP