Re: [RTTY] Contest on 20?

To: Neilensign <neilensign@yahoo.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest on 20?
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:44:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi Neil, welcome to RTTY!

What's been going on lately is rare DX stations showing up on 20 meter RTTY.
 The past couple of days the DXpedition 9N7MD, from Nepal, has been operating
20 meter RTTY. Also, the T2T DXpedition from Tuvalu has been on 20 meter RTTY.
 These stations operate split, transmitting on one frequency and listening up
anywhere from 1-5 kHz or more.  On RTTY, when trying to work a rare DX station
that is operating split, it's best for everyone to try and spread out and
transmit where no one else is so the DX station and print you clearly. That's
not always possible.  That is why you are seeing all these stations sending
their calls 3 or 4 times up the band from the DX station.

73, Don AA5AU