[RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest
From: "John GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:03:55 -0000
What a great contest that turned out to be.

Started a bit slow here and no sign of any of the Far East / Pacific DX that
has been around lately. The band started to open around 07:30 to Europe and
was steady through to 12:00. Very frustrating to see JA stations spotted
from other parts of Europe and not a sniff of a signal here. Then the first
NA stations appeared. 100s, maybe 1000s of them! At times the rate here was
as high as it has been on any band at any time in the past. It went through
to around 17:20 when the band closed.

42 States, 6 provinces and 340 QSOs in 5 hours ..... on 10 Metres .....
that's the way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Many thanks to everyone who called me and to Don and those others who put
this on for us. Now all I need is AK, MT and WY for 10M RTTY WAS

73, John GW4SKA