Re: [RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest

To: John GW4SKA <ska@bartg.org.uk>, 'RTTY Reflector' <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 06:48:37 -0800 (PST)
I did work MT, and saw two WY stations who were S&P and I tried to "fish" for
them, but never got them in the log.

AK was abundant but only after the band had already closed to EU.  Band
conditions got slightly better later in the day when the solar flux rose 4
points to 164 and the A & K indices dropped.  But the sun had set in EU and it
was hard to find new stations to work in the last 30 minutes of contest.

Highlights for me were working VU2NKS and ZC4LI.  Found Steve CQing all by
himself way up the band.  There's a lot of be said for band scopes!  I worked
more ND stations than SD stations (2 to 1).  My problem area was W3-land plus
NC, SC and VA.  I never had propagation there.  Missed NC and SC and only
worked K4GMH through ESP.  I thought I was going to miss OH and MI but the band
did open there later.  I worked TN and KY via the NW scatter route - K4RO had
good ears!

73, Don AA5AU