Re: [RTTY] WX6V - Thanks!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WX6V - Thanks!
From: aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:44:09 -0500
> From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] WX6V - Thanks!

> If you are using N1MM Logger, this resetting can be automated.
>
> On the Digital Interface window, click Setup>Settings. On the upper left
> of the Settings window, there is a column of 11 checkboxes, two of which
> start with "MMTTY". Check both of those boxes. Now when you go from Run
> to S&P, AFC will be turned off and vice versa. Also when going from Run
> To S&P, the tones will be reset to their default values if AFC has
> caused them to change.
>
> These settings are for stations using FSK. If you are using AFSK and you
> have both AFC and NET turned on, they are not needed.
>
> A very handy feature. I wouldn't operate N1MM Logger FSK without it.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

Bill,

I've run enough RTTY to know better -- but I didn't.   I would always have
to remember to turn on AFC when CQing and to turn it off when running S&P.
   I also would have to remember to click "Ham" to reset the tones when
CQing.   Oftentimes I forget to about these things when I start a contest.

So thanks for pointing this out.   Such an easy thing to set once and
forget about.   Works like a charm!

Oh yeah -- for those doing this, don't forget to "Save Configuration" in
the DI window after you've made these changes as well.

Mike