Re: [RTTY] RTTY RU Exchange Complaints

To: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>,<rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY RU Exchange Complaints
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:31:03 -0500
At 12:43 PM 1/12/2012, pcooper wrote:

>...And in RRU, I did work one W sending THIS:
>GU0SUP DE AA1AA MNI TNX UR RSQ IS 599 599 599 AND YOUR EXCHANGE IS
>IN TX TX TNX FER CALL AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST GU0SUP DE AA1AA PSE KN
>which I thought was a tad verbose, and a little confusing with the
>IN TX, but at least he sent TX twice!
>I guess he was new to RTTY contesting, and so I didn't bother too much.
>
>73 all
>
>Phil GU0SUP

I worked him also. Verbose, but friendly.

My all-time exchange favorite (not) is W4UK 599 IN TX DE <hiscall>.
Missing a single character in there means trouble. It is amazing that
so many guys do not repeat their state. Don't they realize that is
the ONLY important part of their transmission, next to their callsign?

Jerry W4UK