Re: [RTTY] Help with 1000MP

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help with 1000MP
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:28:41 -0800
On Feb 9, 2012, at 1:17 PM, k3mm@verizon.net wrote:

> VOX works in AFSK (PKT) mode as well, so as added help with keying, you can
> enable VOX on the front panel and set the delay time to zero.

Small correction: for the FT-990 and the original FT-1000MP, VOX cannot be
activated in PKT mode (AFSK) .

I myself use (FT-1000MP) the "1600/1800" Packet tone pair in Menu 6-5.  This
gives me a relatively flat waterfall when I select the 2.4 kHz IF filter
(Inrad).

Set the Packet offset (Menu 6-4) to Minus 1615.   Your VFO dial will then show
the Mark frequency of the transmitter, since PKT mode of the FT-1000MP works in
LSB.

If you prefer to use narrow filters, centering an RTTY signal to this tone pair
will place your Mark tone at 1615 Hz.  Be sure to select 1615 Hz/1785 Hz as the
tone pair in your software modem.  All filters will be centered at 1700 Hz.

73
Chen, W7AY