Re: [RTTY] Dupes now sorted what about busted serial's

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dupes now sorted what about busted serial's
From: Mike Tessmer <mtessmer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:38:44 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>This is good practice although some log check software won't accept '000' as
>a valid serial number.

But has a valid contest QSO then taken place?

If I don't copy the other guy's exchange then it seems to me the QSO is not
complete.  Partial QSOs don't count.  I realize I can't control the actions of
the other station, i.e., I ask for a fill but he's already moved on.  But I'd
rather hope I can find the other guy later in the contest and try again.  (And
then we can argue about the dupe!)

Unfortunately, such scenarios occur and occasionally good QSOs from one
perspective are not good from the other.  It happens to everyone at one time or
another.

73, Mike K9NW