[RTTY] SO2R Problem

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R Problem
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:30:32 -0600
           CQWPXRTTY Score Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2012-02-02

    CallSign Used : W8JWN
      Operator(s) : W8JWN

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
             Band : ALL
            Power : HIGH
             Mode : RTTY
 Default Exchange : 001
       Gridsquare : EN55

             Name : Tom Martin
          Address : 812 West B St
   City/State/Zip : Iron Mountain  MI  49801
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : MI
        Club/Team : None
         Software : N1MM Logger V12.1.2

        Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
         3.5     123     296   33
           7     414    1076  175
          14     428     832  212
          21     171     340   73
          28       1          3       1
       Total    1137    2547  494

            Score : 1,258,218

              Rig : FT-1000MP; Icom Pro II, SB-220, Alpha 8410

         Antennas : SteppIR 4 element, Mosley CL-33, HF6V, 40 Vee at 60' and 40
rotatable dipole at 80',
                          80 sloper at 65', and Crazy J 80 meter antenna at
48'.

          Soapbox : First time achieving a million points but it was costly.
Excessive RF took out the front end of the FT-1000MP after 2 hours.
                          Lost 10 meters on the PRO II on Sunday.  As of Monday
morning, no receive or transmit with  the PRO II on any band.
                           I have an Icom 706 until the big rigs get repaired
or replaced.

I should have realized that something was wrong, when the wattmeter on the
MP/220 combination showed a huge backward deflection, when I keyed the Pro
II/8410 at 1200 watts.  The 80 meter Crazy J was too close to the 40 Vee and
vice versa.  I put up the new 80 meter antenna to see if it was better than the
Butternut.  I had no RF issues in the ARRL RU without the new antenna.  It's
tough on a small city lot to get any separation.

This was probably my last SO2R effort.

Dupes were the least of my problems!!!

73,

Tom W8JWN