Re: [RTTY] What does it take to finish in the top 10?

To: "RTTY reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] What does it take to finish in the top 10?
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:22:43 -0700
On RTTY, I think SO2R will increase your score by about 50
percent.  It takes about $5k - $10k to get set up.
second radio $2k
second heavy duty rtty amp $2k
2 sets bandpass filters $1k
switches, band decoders, gizmos $1k
more antennas $2k

Actually doing SO2R on RTTY is not very hard.  The decoding is
done by a machine, and a time history of the decoding is
presented on the monitor screen, so everything is just a
mouse-click away.

One of these days, in the not-too-distant future, someone is
going to come up with a RTTY Skimmer, and the whole ballgame will
change once again, at least in the assisted category.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona