Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 110, Issue 28

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 110, Issue 28
From: Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:33:24 -0500
Dick, I'm sorry I didn't work you in the WPX to see if my exchange was
received ok on the first try.   I have been running qrp in rtty contests
for 12 years or so, and normally I get less than 5% repeat requests.
This WPX was a little tougher, especially on 40 meter, where there were
quite a few repeat requests from NA stations, but virtually none from
EU, AF, SA & Caribbean.  Perhaps the skip was too long.

If we are are going to award more points for working a qrp station, then
we also should get extra points for working SO2Rs since I imagine when
one calls a station with a 5 second CQ  and a 1 second pause for 4 or 5
cycles without responding to you and then all of a sudden does respond,
he or she may actually be an SO2R working someone on another band,
causing you a significant wait.  And  maybe QRPers should get more
points for their qsos, as they do in Field Day.

Why run QRP?  It's fun (which is what this is all about), it's a
challenge, it saves electricity, and it doesn't bother you so much if
the station you're calling comes back to someone else first.

73,  Dave, K2YG (qrp but never sign it)