Re: [RTTY] RTTY radio

To: Dick White <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>, "RTTY, Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY radio
From: Bill Williams <n7vea@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:06:11 -0700 (PDT)
Different cables on the 450D.  Also, the 450D was my first radio and I found
that for a crowded contest the filters weren't good enough.  I found a used
FT-1000MP for that price and find it to be just what I need.  I've been told
that really high RTTY QSO rates stress it out (heat issues) but my little
station hasn't reached that level yet hihi.  You already have the 1000, I think
you'll be disappointed with the 450D.

73, Bill N7VEA