Re: [RTTY] New Computer, IC-756 PROIII and MMTTY

To: allan1@dejazzd.com, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Computer, IC-756 PROIII and MMTTY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:05:18 -0400
> The one problem that I have with this being a very new computer is
> that there aren't any serial or parallel ports only USB ports.

No, it is not a problem.  However, you will need to add serial ports
either using USB to serial adapters (one for FSK/PTT from MMTTY and
one for rig control if you eventually use a logging program) or add
a multifunction card with serial ports if you can find one for your
computer's PCI or PCI-e bus.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV