Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 113, Issue 45

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 113, Issue 45
From: Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:29:51 -0400
Jeff, I agree that the USA confuses things just as badly as anyone
else.  My point is that there was a good system in effect, allowing
anyone  to instantly know to which DX entity a station belonged.  But
with the French TO prefixes, and the USA 1x1 call signs, who can tell
without, as you mentioned, consulting the web or DX bulletins.

73

Dave
K2YG

Message: 1 Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:58:59 -0400 From: Dave Barr
<recordupe@verizon.net> Subject: [RTTY] French overseas prefixes To:
rtty@contesting.com Message-ID: <4FC02AD3.3030406@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 06:11:53 +0200 From: Jeff Le Fouler F6AOJ
<f6aoj@orange.fr> Subject: Re: [RTTY] French overseas prefixes To:
rtty@contesting.com Message-ID: <4FC05809.9010006@orange.fr>
rule is currently as follow, TM is used for "Metropolitan" entities , F
and TK, TO is used for " Overseas" entities, in Antlantic and Indian
Ocean TX is used in Pacific Ocean Is it any rule about 3 cararcters
calls used by USA, ie K7K or K4M ? in both case usualy WWW provide
accurate answer in few seconds. Good DX bulletins are reporting such
informations. Try the best french source LNDX (free) twice a month, or
weekly 425dx (free) italian in english. Jeff F6AOJ
http://hamradio.ad1c.us/rtty_toplist/index.php Le 26/05/2012 02:58, Dave
Barr a ?crit :