Re: [RTTY] PSK31 is faster (Was FD RTTY Question)

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PSK31 is faster (Was FD RTTY Question)
From: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:47:25 -0400
Why don't we just invent/introduce some new RTTY standard -
the one with 6 bits instead of 5 - covering whole alphabet and digits
without any FIGS/LTRS and speed it up a little bit to compensate an extra
bit? Or drop one stop bit to save the length? Or use 3 frequency FSK -
shift left is "0", shift right is "1" and middle is sync/start/stop ?