Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:35:43 -0700
On Sep 16, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> Why bother with an AFSK to FSK converter?

Perhaps the software he wants to use does not support FSK?  Perhaps he is
looking for 45.45 baud and his UART can only do 45.0 baud?  Perhaps he wants to
operate mobile using just his laptop's built in sound card?  Perhaps he is
anticipating the eventual demise of UARTS?  Who knows?  I can think of myriads
of perfectly good reasons.

We can safely assume that ex-W7TI is no novice, and he knows all about UARTS.
Bill's question was explicit -- he is looking for an AFSK to FSK converter.

(Heck, I am already looking for ThunderBolt sound cards :-).

73
Chen, W7AY