Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:04:40 -0400

I want to use my IC-7600 in RTTY mode (FSK) for transmit while
running an AFSK-only program such as 2Tone or MMVARI for receive.

MMVARI is not AFSK only ... it happily does FSK using either EXTFSK
(bit banging with a USB to serial adapter) or FSK8250 (for UARTS)
beginning in version 0.44 or 0.45 (can't remember which).

I've documented both methods of generating FSK (EXTFSK and UART) for
the appropriate microHAM products - for both the stand alone version
of MMVARI and MMVARI when used as the RTTY "plug-in" in N1MM Contest
Logger - I'm sure documentation for other hardware is available somewhere for those who care to look.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV