Re: [RTTY] Rtty Write won't un-key on 40 meters ?

To: "'Jim Preston'" <jpreston1@cox.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rtty Write won't un-key on 40 meters ?
From: "Rick" <RickPalio@att.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 18:47:52 -0700
Well, I wish MMTYY was good enough in the logging section.
For my money MMTTY out decodes anything on the market, so much for receive,
FSK is FSK and that is how I transmit.
The MMTTY log is the short coming, I wish Writelog would just give the MMTTY
people a few bucks per program and sub it for "RittyWrite" !! (Now that
would be Kick-Butt !!) All the logging software I see can use the MMTTY
transmit engine but you lose the great receive engine !

Maybe some enterprising software guy will do just that.

What I do now is use MMTTY to transmit (via serial port to FSK and key) and
receive. I leave Writelog to communicate with the radio for frequency, mode
etc. I run the infamous RttyWrite and click on the appropriate call to
transfer the info to the Writelog log. I have to make sure RittyWrite has
decoded correctly before I do the transfer by comparing it with the
gold-standard, MMTTY.

That isn't bad - The bad part is when you have to use a serial number. Then
you have to log to the MMTTY log to get your sequence and sync it with the
Writelog Log when you make the RttyWrite transfer !

Rick - WU6W