Re: [RTTY] Rude contesters

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rude contesters
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:35:10 -0700
You guys just answered a question I have had -- how do some guys, not too
many but one or two, answer my CQ's W-A-Y off frequency.. Like in this day
and age of digital !! Yea - 40 years ago it was easy to do !
I run FSK, so they must be running AFSK or on the wrong sideband or both ???
They are so far off the only reason I look for them is the timing of the off
freq signal - I figure it's got to be a reply and sure enough, there they
are. One day I suspect I'll run out of RIT !

Rick - WU6W

Hi Rick

Some people S&P with their AFC on, which also makes them always call off
frequency.  73
Tom W7WHY