[RTTY] Rig Control Problem

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Rig Control Problem
From: John Grimm <john_grimm1450@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:24:58 -0400
I recently went from serial port to USB operation and am having one problem
with the new setup, which is 756Pro3, Writelog10.76, Microham Microkeyer,
Win7Pro 64 bit.  After I send *some* exchanges, the radio frequency and/or mode
as shown on Writelog goes momentarily crazy and can indicate pretty much
anything.  It then usually resets itself correctly after a second or so and the
rig stays put and never reacts to what is shown.  If I hit enter and record
that qso during the exchange, it gets plugged with a big red B or the
frequency/mode is recorded incorrectly.  This happens fairly often and
randomly, regardless of band, and will occur even with no rf applied.  I have
lots of ferrite on all cables, the baud rates are all set correctly on
rig/software, I've tried 19200 and 9600, and tried on 2 computers.  Still the
same.  Any ideas or feedback sure would be greatly appreciated.  John / K0YQ