Re: [RTTY] Commercial Interfaces

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Commercial Interfaces
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:29:27 -0600
I believe the core issue is the Personal Computer has still not reached the state of being a true "appliance". That's where not a shred of technical expertise is required to use it as a tool. The industry needs to continue to advance to the level of a toaster or coffee maker. When it quits working, you throw it away, buy a replacement, turn it on, and continue from where you left off.

Imagine, 100 years in the future when an episode of "Pickers" comes on and they find an old IBM XT in its original box in a South Carolina barn. They'll be jumping up and down when they find a box of ten 5-1/4" square fiber sleeves with a plastic cookie inside that rotates around the gaping hole in the center!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN