Re: [RTTY] Removing line feed at end of contest messages

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Removing line feed at end of contest messages
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:15:16 -0600
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@arrl.net> wrote:

> I respectfully request that you PLEASE remove line feeds at the end of all
> of your programmed messages.  In N1MM Logger, the line feed causes received

> All message text should end with a space.

Oh, yes, please!  If you want to be fancy and "clear the screen" (or
waste paper, depending when you live), then put the CR-LFs at the
beginning of the macro.  And yes, a single space at the end to
separate your message from the junk.

While we're tilting at windmills, please include something in your CQ
macro at the very end (before the space) that says you are calling.  I
saw your call, and know we haven't worked, but if I don't see "CQ or
QRZ or RU or WW" I don't know if you are CQing or calling another
station.

I'm down to "{TX}{ENTER}RU N5UWY N5UWY CQ {RX}" in mine.