Re: [RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...

To: "Carter" <k8vt@ameritech.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...
From: "Paul" <w8aef@q.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:33:37 -0700
Does anyone know if the FT-1000D is true FSK or is it AFSK?

I tried to follow the circuit diagram but got lost, I suspect it is AFSK.

de Paul, W8AEF

1) AFIK, there are two types of "FSK":

a) FSK that is generated internal to the rig where the manufacturer 'keys' an audio tone -- an 'internal' AFSK if you will, that the rig manufacturer calls 'FSK'. This can be OK as hopefully the rig maker is controlling many of the variables such as level, mark/space switching, etc versus the operator jamming his sound card into the mic jack.