Re: [RTTY] Formatting your CQ call for detection by the RTTY skimmer, RC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Formatting your CQ call for detection by the RTTY skimmer, RCKskimmer
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:46:36 -0600
Hello Walter...

Thank you for the development of your RTTY Skimmer software!

I suggest you give consideration to another format that is used very often during RTTY contesting. That would be these forms:

"WPX K0RC CQ "
"CQWW K0RC CQ "
"BARTG K0RC CQ "
"JARTS K0RC CQ "
"SARTG K0RC CQ "
"NAQP K0RC CQ "
"TARA K0RC CQ "

Or maybe a simple "K0RC CQ" detected twice within 15 seconds would be enough to capture ANY contest CQ solicitation.

I think I understand why there is "QRZ K0RC " and not "CQ K0RC " as a capture string. The "CQ CALLSIGN" would likely capture a station calling me in the 7 examples above. In that case HIS/HER callsign would be posted as a spot instead of mine, the CQing station actual.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN