Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:47:51 -0500

Lee.

Check the RTTY Polarity menu in your TS-2000.  It probably needs to be
set to REVERSE.  IIRC, the KAM takes care of that but your serial port
interface would not.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2/7/2013 9:17 PM, Lee Roberts wrote:
I use FSK only.

The ACC2 connector worked fine with the Kam+ attached to it so the radio is OK.
ACC2 for both the TS450 and TS2000 are identical.

As for the diddles, mostly diddles are being transmitted but it sounds like
some FSK goes out but it's garbage.

The links you provided weren't of any help.

I'm thinking that it's some kind of settings issue so I experimented and
couldn't find a problem.

Michael Haack <mikehaack@aol.com> wrote ..
Lee,

I'm Not completely familiar with the TS2000, having used the
TS430/940/950SDX.
However, I would look to see if you are in fact sending data (FSK) to
the radio and not just keying Diddles.
Are you send AFSK to the radio or FSK?

It might involves the AAC2 connector as well.

Might want to take a look here.
http://www.aa5au.com/rtty_radios.html#TS-2000
http://www.k2dsl.com/2009/03/02/fsk-vs-afsk-on-a-ts-2000-what-a-difference/

73, good luck