Re: [RTTY] WPX suggestion

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX suggestion
From: Keith Maton <g6nhu@me.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:06:12 +0000 (UTC)
If you really want to speed things up, throw away the spaces between report and
number and in between the numbers and replace them with dashes.

599-123-123-123

Is faster to send than 599 123 123 123

because of all the letters and numbers shifting before and after the spaces.

And one that always makes me cringe.

5NN - Used for speed on CW but is fractionally slower on RTTY due to the
letters shift betwen the 5 and the N

73 and speedy QSOs.  Keith, G6NHU

(will be QRV this weekend as M7P on 15m only).