Re: [RTTY] spaces, dashes, and everything

To: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>,REFL-RTTY <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] spaces, dashes, and everything
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:34:05 -0500
At 10:17 PM 2/11/2013, Jeff Stai wrote:
...I am
finding with sufficient practice at listening to the quality of the signals
I am receiving I can make a good judgement as to which print is good and
which is questionable. It's kind of hard to describe what "good" sounds
like but simple examples of "bad" include crashes and fades.

If you run multiple decoders simultaneously you will see the "good" print is identical on every decoder screen. The questionable stuff will vary on the different screens.

MMTTY can do this easily - you can run as many instances as you have screen space for, and you can run different decoder profiles on each.

I ran 4 instances of MMTTY in the wpx. Sometimes I would have only one decoder get both serial numbers alike when print was marginal, but that one kept me from having to ask for a repeat.

Jerry W4UK