Re: [RTTY] Field Day

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Field Day
From: "Ron Stailey" <k5dj@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:25:55 -0000
For Field Day this year the club I'm in now is pretty much a laid
back club that doesn't give a hoot about trying to win any category
it's a go out and try to make contacts, work as many stations as you
can and a social event at the same time. We had three PSK-31 stations
going most of the time. One CW station and two SSB stations. There
was plenty of PSK activity especially on 20m. SSB station stayed on
10m, 15m & 40m. Don't remember what went on for 80m. RTTY activity
was slim to none. It got to the point I didn't even check for RTTY
activity much at all. Don't think we worked half the PSK stations.

PSK is so easy to set up and get going especially for non-contest
type ops, it's the easiest mode for everyone to work. In fact I'm
pretty sure if we had done away with SSB and CW and ran PSK on all
bands with 2 points per contact we would have doubled our score and
had the same amount of time for social activity time to boot.:-)
Like I said I'm now in a very laid back club.

PSK-31 was active for us in the 4 Corners area.

73, de Ron K5DJ