Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:33:18 -0500
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM
<wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com> wrote:

> We must have struck a nerve............
>
> Here is the Official ARRL position, released ahead of the Sept Issue,
> because of our emails of concern..............
>
> http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-ceo-explains-board-s-action-on-symbol-rate-regulation
>
> and
>
> http://www.arrl.org/files/media/News/ItSeemsToUs.pdf

The second link has actual content (the upcoming editorial) while the
first is content free save for the second link.  Typical, of course,
of the "new" (not so new anymore) ARRL website.

No mention at all of unattended automatic operation, of course, which
is at least as big a threat as phone-wide data in the otherwise
narrowband part of HF.