Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL issues Official Reply: Re 2.8KHz HF digital BW
From: Louis Ciotti <lciotti1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:50:41 -0400

>> Does this comfort you?
>
> As comforting to a CW op feels when I unleash 2.8 kHz wide digital signals
> down at 14.025 MHz, where I am authorized by the FCC to do.

I am not exactly impressed by this latest "in your best interest" from
the ARRL, but for CW (that I am slowly learning) at least we
technically have the entire band to use.  At this point the ARRL
should probably just take the position that there be no sub-bands for
specific emotions.  If they feel 2.8KHz is OK everywhere why not?

All I can say is if the FCC does open it up for comments those
concerned better be ready to fire off some detailed arguments against
it or this will happen.