Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:06:30 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:08:21 -0400, Kai wrote:

>Bill
>As I  noted in the FCC/NTIA/ITU-R reference the specific definition of the BW
>is
>that which includes 99% of the power.  More specifically, less than 0.5% of
>the
>power appears below and less than 0.5% of the power appears above the stated
>BW.

REPLY:

I can accept that, as well as 98% or 98.5% or practically anything in that
area, but that's not what you originally said. You originally said " The
theoretical bandwidth of 170 Hz shift 45.45 baud RTTY is just under 250 Hz."
and that is what I disagreed with. The theoretical bandwidth is infinite.

73, Bill W6WRT