Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 300hz or 500hz IF filter?
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:38:32 -0700
Have to disagree, Bill.

I guess it might boil down to what exact width is my Inrad 250 cycle filter?
It might be more - it might be less than 250.  But, I do know that for RTTY
and also CW, the 250 cycle filter works much better to reduce QRM than the
500 cycle filter in my other radio.

After using the 250 cycle filter, when I switch to the other radio with the
500 cycle filter, it is like there is no filter at all.

Don't know about all the formulas, this times that, etc, but in real life,
250 cycles works!  73
Tom W7WHY