Re: [RTTY] [NCCC] Contest Courtesy--A Different Take

To: k6rb@baymoon.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [NCCC] Contest Courtesy--A Different Take
From: "Alan M. Eshleman" <doctore@well.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 09:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, but be aware that most of the folks you work in a domestic contest are not
hard core contesters and need to be cut quite a bit of slack. When they say
"please copy" they *are* being polite according to what they know. Saying
"please" is part of being polite as I'm sure your parents taught you. If some
of these operators go on to become serious contesters the process itself will
clean up their technique. In the meantime, I want their call in the log and am
happy to get it.

This is not go say that I don't occasionally blow off someone whose technique
is so bad that it's a time sink and is spoiling a run.

73,

Alan/K6SRZ