Re: [RTTY] NP3D

To: "'Don Hill AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NP3D
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 06:58:32 -0800
Yes, Andy had an unexpected heart attack.  His family is shocked.  No one
saw it coming.  So, your comments below are spot on.

Condolences to Andy's family and may he rest in peace.  Don, best wishes for
your thankful recovery.

Ed W0YK

Don AA5AU wrote:

This is the saddest of news and I am overwhelmed but not surprised. Two
weeks ago, another RTTY contester could have easily been
lost - me.

On October 22, I was mowing my lawn when I had a tightness in my chest. I
had felt this before while cutting grass but it always
went away when I took a break. This time, however, it did not go away. My
wife and I decided to call 911. I was rushed to the
hospital even though the EKG performed by the paramedics were negative. Even
the first enzyme blood test was negative for any heart
problem. A second enzyme test performed 6 hours later showed enough of a
change that a cardiologist recommended an angiogram. The
angiogram showed a 50-60% blockage in my left main artery and a 90% blockage
in my right artery. On October 25, I underwent triple
bypass surgery at age 56. I am home recovering and all is well. I didn't
really want to announce this publicly but in light of
Andrei's passing, I thought everyone could use a wakeup call.

I will not speculate on Andrei's cause of death, but don't think it won't
happen to you. It could have happened to me.

Andrei was a great guy whom I'd met several times and he was excellent
contester. God bless him.

Don, AA5AU

Fred WW4LL wrote:

I was just advised that in the Daily DX Bulletin today, it was announced
that Andrei, NP3D passed away unexpectedly.  Here is the
excerpt:

> NP3D/EW1AR (ex UC2AFZ, RC2AR, AA3BG, NC2N), Andrei Stchislenok, passed
> away unexpectedly on Monday November 4th. He was 55. Andy was a very
> kind hearted person and operated from many locations around the world.

I am truly saddened to hear this news.  Andrei was a friend that operated
here at my station and he and I went to Costa Rica to
operate in 2009 for a week.  Dayton was also spiced up by Andrei's presence
as he was the life of the party.  Just look at his photo
on QRZ.COM to see how light hearted he was.
Andrei loved amateur radio,  loved all modes and loved the people.   He was
a very enthusiastic operator and operated from several
countries such as Estonia, Nicaragua Costa Rica, to just name a few.  He
made an impression on people, generally a smile,
regardless where he was.  Andrei was thoughtful and caring, picking up the
phone from time to time to just check in and make sure I
was doing ok.  Every time we were together, he never failed to talk to me
about his daughter who he loved more than anything.

I will always fondly remember Andrei and will miss him very much.

May God rest your soul Andrei.

73'.Fred, WW4LL