Re: [RTTY] What to do about ARRL's Baud Rate Proposal

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] What to do about ARRL's Baud Rate Proposal
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:32:04 -0800
Just a couple of comments as I hope to not get very involved in this other than comments directly to any possible RM. Only the ARRL Division Directors have the power.

I might offer up some things from the last time. December 1989. ARRL proposed without input from the rank and file and from the users of the digital spectrum _RTTY Journa_l January 1990; RM-7248 withdrawn May/June 1990 _RTTY Journal_.

See _RTTY Journal_ May/June 1993 Pg 24 for ARRL Digital Committee report.

Last time we had perhaps a more coherent organization but the digital user has done battle against the ARRL and won. Dale Sinner, Buck Rogers, myself, and many others put in a great deal of time and effort but only the user that writes their Division Director, that files coherent rationale arguments with the FCC, that gets clubs and organizations to file with the same view point can prevail.

If you don't have some of the old RTTY Journals ask around and see if you can read some of the stuff from other times.