[RTTY] Need a 924 Titan Guru

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Need a 924 Titan Guru
From: "Harry Coates" <WA8HC1@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:36:05 -0500
Hello to all,
I just replaced the vacuum relay in my 924 Titan and accidently shorted the
28vdc circuit to ground.. When I turned the amp on, it tested the R6
resistor/fuse on the
power supply rectifier board, and damaged several other things.. I replaced R6,
diodes D1-D4, and C6.. Still no 28vdc.. Tracked that back to no 20vac from the
transformer to the bridge rectifier ?? OH MAN, what did I do ?? Well, I found
both circuit board traces from J2 pins 3 and 4 going to the bridge rectifier
were open..
Fixed that.. I think the transformer is OK.. Now that you have listened to my
story.. Here comes the question..

Before I put this all back together, I don’t feel that R6 does the job
properly.. What type of fuse could be used to replace R6 ?? It is a 1 ohm 1/2
watt resistor, and there is a space constraint on the circuit board.. Any ideas
would help..

A prosperous New Year to all,

‘73    Harry

Harry N Coates