Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... EMERGENCY NETWORK

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... EMERGENCY NETWORK
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 18:24:19 +0000
Re steering clear of 070-080: are those dial frequencies, or actual transmit
frequencies?

On my K3 when operating FSK, my dial frequency reads 1.955-2.125 kc above my
diddles.   Thus, if I operate RTTY at 14080 dial, my tones would be smack dab
in the middle of the JT9 watering hole.

I can very easily imagine that this individual was trying drink at the watering
hole and got upset about contest encroachment.

If so, he needs better filters.  I've had fun making a couple of JT9 contacts
in between the mark and space of a RTTY transmission.   ("If he can't hear us,
and if he's not bothering us...why not?")

--
Michael N1EN