Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:46:31 -0600
Ken wrote:

"RTTY is basically a contest-only mode."

I love you Ken but have to disagree on this one. Although RTTY is probably
mostly used in contests, it is also a valuable DX mode.
At times I have worked DX on RTTY that I hadn't worked on other modes. I have
now, but at the time, some entities could only be
worked on RTTY. Look at P5/4L4FN. If you didn't work him on SSB or RTTY, you
didn't work him.

Try working a DXpedition on PSK, JT65 or JT9. No thanks. Give me RTTY for
digital DX any day.

73, Don AA5AU